Museums of Old York is a Maine Colonial village (207 York St., 207-363-4974) and home to Old Gaol, built in 1719 and the last English public building in the infant nation. Near the Old Gaol is the Emerson-Wilcox House, used alternately as a general store, Post Office and tavern where Post Road travelers stopped for rest, food and drink.
These are within easy walking distance to York Village shops, restaurants and art galleries plus a convenience store and laundromat. A walking tour through the historic district leads a 17-acre nature preserve.
The Waterway Guide Team has gained extensive boating knowledge over the years, and now we are sharing all of the tips, skills and tools we’ve picked up along the way!